Highlights of Our Growing a Healthy Family Sweepstakes
We shared tasty recipes, ideas for family fun, and tips to help our kids — and ourselves — stay calm in the hustle of daily life. We watched champion skaters like Nancy Kerrigan and Kurt Browning take to the ice with their kids and GRAMMY Award winner Amy Grant belt out hits. Most importantly, we helped fight breast cancer — and met a ton of inspirational people like you.
As Musselman’s Growing a Healthy Family Sweepstakes comes to a close, we’d like to thank each and every one of you who contributed and walk you through some of the highlights.
Our sweepstakes winners
Congratulations to Andrea N. from East Freedom, Pennsylvania, who took home the grand prize, a two-night trip for four to the Musselman’s Apple Sauce Family Skating Tribute. Andrea and her family enjoyed prime seats, formed lasting memories — and even met Amy Grant.
If you weren’t able to make it to the live show at Penn State University, you can catch a replay on ABC, November 23 and December 7, 4 to 6 p.m. EST. Mark your calendar and be sure to watch, and see how many champion figure skaters you can spot in our photos from the live event.
Congrats are in order, too, for our weekly winners who received $100 Amazon gift cards. The winners hailed from all over the country — Midvale, Utah; Encino, California; River Arkansas; San Antonio and Bryan, Texas; Henderson, Nevada; and Marienville, Pennsylvania.
Growing healthy families
Your responses to our weekly sweepstakes question taught us a lot about raising healthy families. Here are some of the things we learned:
- When it comes to a healthy breakfast, 63 percent of you prefer eggs, fruit, and veggies, while 37 percent prefer a smoothie.
- When you eat dinner together as a family, 73 percent are more likely to eat at home, compared to 27 percent who go out to a restaurant.
- In 88 percent of your households, it’s the parents — not the kids — who pack the school lunches.
- On a wide-open Saturday, 63 percent of you would rather head out with your family for an adventure, while 37 percent prefer to stay home.
You can view the full list of questions and responses here, and read about issues that relate to growing healthy families on our Healthy Family Blog, which covers everything from healthy snacking and eating to family fitness, community involvement, and issues like technology and screen time. Our most popular blog posts?
- What Goes Into Growing a Healthy Family
- Green Your Home in Five Easy Steps
- For a Healthy Breakfast, Think Outside the Cereal Box
- How Busy Families Can Make Time for Community Service
Supporting the fight against breast cancer
As part of our Growing a Healthy Family campaign, we rolled out “pink-ribbon” packaging on select apple sauce and apple juice products, and committed to making a donation to our long-term partner, the National Breast Cancer Foundation, for all products purchased. The effort has been a big hit — and continues through January (or as long as supplies last).
We invite you to learn about Musselman’s other special offers and promotions, and we wish you and your family a happy, healthy holiday season!